Shooting in Wynwood

Made it down to Wynwood this afternoon. For those who don't know, it's a neighborhood in Miami with a history of being a little rough around the edges, but which has gentrified pretty quickly in the last five years. By Miami standards, it's a little more cleaned up than I like to see, but friends from out of town assure me it's still fairly grimy. Anyway, rain kept me from being able to take half the fotos I wanted to take, but it's hard to walk through the area without finding something of visual interest, so I still got some decent shots. Below are my favorites from today, with chrome filter applied, and a little context in captions (when I feel they're needed).



Towards the center of this foto is Atomik's distinctive smiling orange. If you're in Miami and never see one of these, you have failed at seeing Miami.



The harsh, bright light presented some challenges, but I feel like I'm getting better at making the camera do what I want.

I didn't get into the RC Cola plant this time around, which is a shame. It's one of the best places to get fotos of graffiti in Wynwood.



The white cartoony-looking dude is White Ninja's signature, represented twice in this foto.

MSG stands for either Metro Style Gods or Miami Style Gods, depending on how old you are. They pioneered Miami graffiti. Not sure if they're still around as a functional crew, but they're all over SoFla.

Ynot was a member of MSG whose life was tragically cut short under somewhat bizarre circumstances. Almost a decade later, you'll still find homages to him thrown up all over SoFla. RIP Ynot

Comments